Sonntag, 19. Dezember 2010

Better stay home?

BERLIN - JANUARY 08:  A train of Berlin's comm...Image by Getty Images via @daylife
I am not the winter type. Not at all. I don't like the cold, the snow, the ambush on the highways, the loads of clothes. Nothing of this. I like the sunny days, the long days, the light. 
I don't drive too much while in town. During the normal seasons the public transportation is working well, and I don't need to commute, as my usual interests are maximum 45 minutes away of my headquarters. 
But today, I had to experience fully a messy transportation: long delays of U-Bahn and S-Bahn, wagons overcrowded with people, tourists or people like me, hurrying up to reach the center of the city. If the last Thursday I had a bliss looking at the snow falling on Ku'damm, today I needed to yell effectively for reaching my exit and to wait in the cold for an unknown number of minutes before the train was coming. Everybody is talking about weather, about the suspended flights on Heathrow, about what we have to expect in the next weeks and when the first sign of spring will be delivered. But the tourists continue to arrive in flows and the Weinachtmarkt are a successful attraction for people all over the world and the city. 
It is a good time to look around and keep writing.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen