Mittwoch, 10. November 2010

Meeting Jonathan Coe

A couple of years ago, I discovered through a dear friend the works of Jonathan Coe. The first encounter was powerful and definitive: I liked the style and the ideas of this writer and spent hours discussing about his books. My expectations about life then were modest and I was not expecting or thinking about having him in the front of me, listening him writing from his works. 
But, thanks to Berlin and my courage to go beyond the bourgeois comfort, I had the occasion to see him, at the Steglitz-Zehlendorf Library, reading from and talking about his book, The Rain Before it Falls, in the front of an audience who studied it so deeply that they identified precisely how often the author used the word "to occur" (but the author himself was not able to specify the reason behind this apparently serious phenomenon from the point of view of some readers). 
It was a very good incentive to start my writing week.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen