Freitag, 25. Februar 2011

Polish morgen at Cafe MetroPolen

I stumbled upon this quiet and good looking Cafe completely accidentally this week. I was looking for a quiet place to spend one hour, not necessarily a classical bakery, but not a restaurant or a fast-food or anything doing with food, either. I didn't realized from the very beginning what's the main language of this place, but while waiting for my good looking - and good tasting too - cookie, I saw a couple of Polish magazines, among the Spiegel and other local daily newspapers. The lady who served me was speaking Polish (with his colleague, it's how I found out), the sugar was Polish and there were some announcements in Polish. Most probably it is a market for this group, as in the this part, at the border between Charlottenburg and Hallensee I hear often the Polish language and right around the corner it is a German-Polish school

At this time of the day - between 11.30 and 12.00, if I remember exactly - the place was almost empty, with an overwhelming majority of lady-clients (me included), some of them looking like very familiar to the place, talking with the Polish lady about Berlinale or the latest evolutions in the 'zu Guttenberg' case.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen